SkegShield™ Skeg Guard
- Guards from reefs, coral head, lake bed rocks, boat ramps
and submerged floating debris.
- Protects as well as repairs the damaged skeg and helps
save your prop.
- Made from high quality Polished marine grade stainless
- No welding required, no epoxies an easy do-it-yourself
10 minute application.
- Zero effect on performance.
Drainage hole at the lower backside for when motor is
not tilted (storage/boat dock) and will drain from
front/top when motor is tilted, protecting from water
Superior end-cap design with a reinforced lower edge for
protection from ramp damage or riverbed, lakebed
dragging, and better water/hydro streamlining.
- Custom engineered low profile stainless steel Allen head
machine bolt system for easy installation/removal/reuse. All
bolts are knurled, enabling locking attributes for high
vibration motors. Also included are two high tensile
strength 5/32" allen wrenches.
- Is custom manufactured to the appropriate size for your
specific drive. We obtain exact measurements from the OEM
manufacturer models and build to those specifications.
- Made in the USA with a 3 year warranty for the original
- Fitting most common engine skegs.
- Remember, any damage at all to your skeg causes
performance degradation, significantly reduced protection
for your gear case, and exposes your propeller to higher
risk of damage. All of these situations can be very
expensive to remedy.
- Skeg damage used to mean expensive repairs, such as
welding on a new skeg... and that meant putting your boat
out of commission for days, or even weeks.